Makondo Pets Probiotics for Dogs & Puppies – Flavored, Made in USA, Extra Strength 9 Species Digestive Support Tummy Relief Enzyme Powder, 5 Billion CFUs per Scoop – 90 Scoops per Tub, 3.17 oz
What are Probiotics?
Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for your pet’s health, especially the digestive system. Probiotics are often called "good" or "helpful" bacteria because they help keep your pet’s gut healthy.
When your dog has low quantity, or lose “good” bacteria (like after taking antibiotics, for example), probiotics can help replace them.
We usually think of bacteria as something that causes diseases, but the fact is that your dog’s body - as yours - is full of bacteria, both good and bad.
OUR FORMULA: A well thought Product; 5 Billion CFU’s / 9 Strains.
There are pet products in the market that have up to 22 strains of bacteria, but the reality is that very few strains have been studied to produce good results. Bacteria is alive, and each strain competes for absorption and colonization in the gut. Extra strains will dilute the valuable strains, and can actually render the valuable strains less effective.
You can also find products with exaggerated amounts of CFU’s (count of living bacteria per dose) this is not necessarily synonym of better results; all the opposite, clinical studies indicates that somewhere between 2-6 billions per day is enough for basic Gastrointestinal wellness. Remember, dogs have more efficient GI systems than us -humans-, so a super-loaded formula may be contraindicated for dogs. Products with high amount of CFU’s are usually human formulated products, labeled for dog’s use.
That’s the reason why our product has only the best and most useful strains with the appropriate amount.
Two things to remember.
- Our products are Veterinarian Formulated thought to bring wellness to your pet.
- More is not always better.
When regularly administered to your dog, this dog digestive enzymes powder replenishes the gut with “good” bacteria needed to counterbalance “bad” bacteria. As the “good” bacteria starts to disperse, your pet's stool will harden, it'll be easier for him or her to go & the itching will be mitigated. The unique enzymes also neutralize odor-causing bacteria in the mouth, thus helping treat bad breath.
The overall benefits of the blend of the 9 Strains present in our formula are:
- Helps maintain a healthy digestion
- Helps control bowel function (diarrhea, loose stool, and constipation in dogs)
- Helps reduce gas, bad breath odor and smelly stools
- Helps control yeast overgrowth, yeast infection and yeast related rashes and skin problems.
- Helps to reduce shedding, itching and scratching caused by stress from digestive imbalances
- Helps to strengthen the immune system
- Helps counteract the side effects of antibiotics
- Improves dog smell overall
PRESENTATION: Dry Powder = Effectivity.
Dry powders are the most stable type of probiotic for dogs since they contain healthy bacteria in their inactive state. They do not require refrigeration and will react much better to temperature changes than other form of probiotics, such as liquids.
The process of how dry probiotic powders work is very simple:
- Your dog takes the supplement with its food.
- Once it get to the stomach, the dry bacteria is reconstituted “comes back to life” in a natural process.
- Bacteria thrive in this acidic environment.
- Then, it moves to the intestines where probiotics multiply hundreds of times over.
Another advantage of why dry powder supplements for dogs are more desirable over probiotic treats, chews, or dog food with probiotics is because the process of including probiotics in these types of presentations often kills the living organisms.
How To Use: Stop trying to force or trick your dog to take probiotic supplements. Packaged in powder form, our dog health probiotics make it easy to ensure your furry pal is getting his or her essential vitamins. All you have to do is sprinkle a scoop on top of his or her dog food & let him/her chow down! (1 gram scoop included)